Friday, April 25, 2014

Christ is Risen...Now What?

Sunday morning retuning:  He is Risen!  He is Risen indeed!  What a celebration of the resurrection!!  Thank you to each of you who participated and helped to make I’ve Seen Jesus happen Sunday.   I was honored to help lead you.
Because I had issued a bold call for expectant prayer with the 1800 Challenge, I was waiting to get the final attendance numbers for our Easter services before I sent this my next Tunings out to you.  I received those numbers late yesterday but did not want to wait until next Tuesday to get them and some accompanying thoughts to you.  I will explain why later.

The official count was 1649.  I was initially a little disappointed that we had not reached 1800, but immediately it occurred to me that God may have been drawing 1800 but some resisted.  I do not know this of course, but that thought eased my disappointment a bit.

The really is not the important number.  The number that really matters is the one that gives us some sense of how God was moving.  At least 20 people responded for the first-time saying they wanted to follow Jesus.  That is exciting, but I must admit again that what I want to see is evidence that people are walking with Jesus, not just turning to Him.  In addition to those decisions, over one hundred books were given out, and even though many to were people who were planning to pass them along, I believe that some are pondering the reality of Jesus.Only time will tell if that is happening.

The first part of that “time” will be this Sunday.  Will they come back and give us a chance to help them take the next step with Jesus?  Only He knows that answer, but I want to encourage you to pray with me that many will return, get connected, grow, serve and love.  I wanted to get this note to you to ask you to do that and even though you will only have Saturday, please pray.  Let’s together trust God to do what only He can do, but let’s do our part as well.
How about a little reflection?  It is difficult for me to take time to reflect sometimes.  I am already aggressively making plans for our upcoming Worship Workshop in 3 weeks, but I am growing in my belief that evaluation is an important part of constant improvement.  So, I welcome your feedback, especially as it may help us celebrate Easter even better next year.  Bring it on!

One anecdote.  For those of you who were with us for Good Friday, you will remember the cards we nailed to the wooden beams representing situations where we needed to see the Resuurection power of Christ turn our Fridays into Sundays.  I heard of an incredible one on Wednesday regarding a short sale on a home that the realtor commented was “nothing short of a miracle”.  What’s even more amazing is that this was answered even before the close of the day Friday.  Sometimes God works very quickly.

Jesus, help us to see Your resurrection power at work in our lives.  All of us have some difficult situation where we are desperate to see You make a change.  Do it Lord!  Even if most of what You change is us!  We long for more of Your glory and power!  In Jesus name.  Amen.
In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: