Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Worship Workshop: Why?

Sunday morning retuning:  Watch yourselves!  As we try to stay one step behind Jesus the enemy wants to deter us at every corner.  Do you know what your NEXT STEP is as you respond to our encounter Sunday?  Maybe you need to review.  Check here for resources to help you.

Have you heard the news? We are having a Worship Workshop!  For several years I have wanted to host an event like this, and I am thrilled we are going to finally be able to do it.  
It occurs to me that you might be wondering...why? Why a worship workshop? What is a worship workshop? What will ours look like next weekend? Why now?  I'm so glad you asked!
Ultimately, it all stems from the parable of the talents.  Luke 19:11-27  Though this translation says minas, others say talents, in reference to money, even though the broader principle of resources applies.  I like talents because I think that is a good word to describe the abilities we use to lead worship!  I believe it is my responsibility, as a manager of talents, to develop those talents and utilize them for the glory of our Lord, to the best of my ability.   The workshop truly is driven by that conviction and a desire to see it honored.
As to what a worship workshop is, besides and mild tongue twister, it is a time when we will learn and practice a variety of different disciplines that will aid us in our individual and combined worship.  In short, it will help us each to be better stewards of every resource we have, loving the Lord with heart soul mind and strength.
How are we going to accomplish this?  Through times gathered around tables to eat, God's word, instrument-specific instruction, prayer and worship, I'm trusting the Lord will cultivate what is already resident in each of us, a deep desire to love him with all that we are.  And it is not just for the musically talented, because music is just one part, vehicle, aspect of our worship.  Tell others, including your own family members, and encourage them to attend. It will likely give them some beneficial insight into what it is that we are ever growing into together.
Why now?  I have a sense in my spirit that we are poised for God to move in new and fresh ways and not only our church, but this valley.  I am humbled to have a sense that we will be a part of what God is doing beyond the walls of our church, but certainly including those who regularly gather here to worship Him.  My faith is active and expectant, and I invite you to join me in praying mentally for workshop that will come from the Jesus may be glorified!
Jesus, show us how to worship You better, lead people better, and make better music for your glory.  Use our workshop next weekend to do all of these things...and so much more.In Jesus name.  Amen.
In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: