Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lord, Give Us More

Sunday morning retuning:  What a great celebration Sunday was of many things God did through North-Mar Church in 2014! If you were not able to be with us you missed some great video highlights, but you can see them on our YouTube channel here. If you missed Pastor Myron's remarks, you can find it and some other helpful resources here.
Like most of you I am really looking forward to warmer temperatures which will melt this snow.  I was thinking about that the other day walking across a parking lot and a thought occurred to me as I looked down a saw a really large footprint.  Whose footprints are these I am following?  Always hoping to see God at work around me, this time I quickly transitioned to the spiritual aspect of that question.
So whose footprints are you following?  It starts with a decision to follow a set of prints that you believe will lead you to a better place.  How are you leading yourself to follow such a set of prints?  One way to do that is to develop your conscious thought processes to embrace the work of God in your midst.
Pastor Myron shared a tool to help with this pursuit Sunday.  It was a prayer that voices his desire for God to do more through him and us here at North-Mar.  Maybe you missed the wider purpose it could have in your spiritual life.  Maybe you have wanted to join us on Wednesdays to pray for the church, but were not sure what to pray.  Here is a great tool to help you with that.
Lord, Give Us More

Lord, You trusted us with little, and by your grace, we were faithful. You are now trusting us, as a Church Family, with much, a debt free campus with a broadening scope of ministry and big dreams to serve our world – Lord give us even more!

More opportunity, more impact, more glory for You, Lord, through us. More people coming from spiritual death to spiritual life through faith in Jesus.

More lives dramatically changed. More sicknesses healed. More marriages transformed. More addictions conquered. More sexual purity. More repentance. More devotion and commitment.

More praying. More humility before our Father. More dependence on Your Holy Spirit. More faith in You, Jesus. More trust in Your provision. More obedience on our part. More slow pitches to tell others of You. More courage to be a bright light at school and work and our neighborhood. More passion in worship. More conviction through the preaching of Your Word. More people growing together in groups. More resources to steward. More of us serving our world. More evidence of You at work in us.

I want more!
We are making this prayer available through various outlets, including a print version at the Welcome Center this weekend.  But what really matters is what you do with it, or even more importantly, this idea.  How will you lead your heart to a better place?  Who are you following on the way?
Jesus, help me lead my heart to follow You.  It is so easy to go my own way, and unfortunately I do not realize I am own my own path until I have drifted far from You.  Teach me to follow Your footprints, and use my life of prayer to help me listen better.  In Jesus name.  Amen.
In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: