Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Then...

Sunday morning retuning:  We still sin, but we do not live in sin.  What a powerful reminder as we looked into Judas’ betrayal in Luke 22 on Sunday.  Are you willing to examine yourself so you do not give the Devil a foothold in your life?  If you missed Pastor AJ guiding us through this experience, you can find his message and some other helpful resources here.
Not too long ago I was reading in Exodus.  What an incredible story of God delivering the people of Israel from slavery and bringing them to the edge of the Promised Land!  One of the things that is always captivated me with regard to this history lesson, is the great detailed instructions God gave to Moses with regard to constructing the Tabernacle, the meeting place of God.  

As a worship leader, you can understand my fascination with God's interest in the design, construction, and implementation of the place and furnishings were his people would meet with Him.  But I saw something interesting this time, which I simply had not seen before. It jumped out at me, as is often the case when the Holy Spirit gives illumination.  I pray you will see it as clearly as I did.

After chapters of executing God's instructions regarding the building of the tabernacle, the Scripture records and interesting sequence of events.  The end of Exodus 40:33 says, "Thus Moses finished the work."  That's all fine, but it's really the next word and the next phrase that I want you to see.  "Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle."  

Image result for tabernacle with cloud

I knew this. I had read it several times before. It was that first word really caught my attention.  Then...Do you see it yet?  Moses completed his work then the glory of God came. Moses worked then glory came.

A lot of work going on right now as we prepare for Easter. The choir has been preparing. The orchestra begins preparing this weekend.  We are working on a production schedule as I write for a short film that will be shown that morning to evidence the reality that the Gospel changes everything.  We are working.  We are trusting God to help us finish the work.  We are also trusting God to show up when we're finished.


How about you? In response to the message Pastor AJ preached on Sunday are you doing your work?  Wing the work of continually examining your life to make sure that though you may send, you are not living in sin.  I believe the principle applies here as well. Finish your work, and believe that God's glory will come.  I understand that it is an ongoing process, so let's keep it going on.

Jesus, search me and reveal any wedge in my life between me and You.  Help me do the hard work to let you remove it, then...wait for Your glory to come in my life in greater measure.   In Jesus name.  Amen.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: