Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Resurrection Power


Sunday morning retuning:  What a glorious Easter Sunday morning!  Thanks to all who participated/served.  Thank You Jesus for giving us something to celebrate!

I spoke briefly with a couple of folks who recommitted to following Jesus at the close of the services Sunday.  I encouraged them to take it one step at a time and walk in the power of the resurrection which Jesus makes available to all who desire to take Him up on His near-ridiculous offer of freedom from the penalty of sin.  I want to be counted among the few who do.  Do you?

I read these words this morning and wanted to share them with you as you continue to bask in the glory revealed when we were last together in His Presence.

Since the day that Jesus first appeared on the scene, we have developed vast theological systems, organized world-wide churches, filled libraries with brilliant Christological scholarship , engaged in earth-shattering controversies and embarked on crusades, reforms, and renewals.  Yet there are still precious few if us with sufficient folly to make the made exchange of everything for Christ; only a remnant with the confidence to risk everything on the gospel of grace; only a minority a minority who stagger about with the delirious joy of the man who found the buried treasure.*

These words really struck me when I read them, especially so since we just encountered Jesus in such a powerful way just a couple days ago.  Nothing wrong with the first part of the list, but the latter is essential.  Does this kind of requisite folly, confidence and joy characterize your life today?  I know I want it to characterize mine. 

*If you would like to know where this quote came from because you just have to read more, let me know and I will forward a link on to you, but it may not be until next week.

Jesus, fill me/us with sufficient folly, confidence and joy to risk everything on this gospel of grace.  Help us to know how to walk in it today, for Your glory and our good.  In Jesus name.  Amen. 

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: