Tuesday, January 25, 2011

State of the Worship Ministries

Sunday morning retuning: As you follow one step behind Jesus, I am fairly confident your path will look different than the one Tom Stebbins has traveled. It will however have this one thing in common: you will not cease to be amazed at how He will guide your steps if you simply determine to follow in faith!

Dear Worshipers,

Though I had another idea for the communiqué, as I listened to the address of the President Tuesday evening I realized that reflecting over the past season and looking ahead to what is coming is a healthy discipline for any group of people. I did the former part of that labor over our Worship Ministries earlier this month. You can read those reflections in the Annual Reports which will be available for consumption this weekend.

I have also been doing a fair amount of thinking and praying about the future course of this ministry. I have done some listening along the way as well. I have come to some conclusions as we look ahead that I think will help us to better serve the church in her worship as we act upon them. Allow me to elaborate.

When we launched our Encourage/Engage service model, the intent was to create two distinct worship experiences which reflect the diversity of expression currently resident in our church and to create an atmosphere for those experiences to be enhanced. Initially, I was uncertain as to how quickly we could make that differentiation due the demands in would place on our current system. Those increased demands have dictated a slow progress that has left some wondering why we are not experiencing more of a difference.

Lately, I have felt that it was time to reapply ourselves, particularly myself to this diversification, if you will. I spoke of this with choir on Wednesday explaining to them the demands it will place on their ministry as I see it directly before us. My observations and our subsequent course corrections seemed to resonate with them.

All this to say, that for being patient as we have striven to serve the church. Please be patient and prayerful as we enter another season of discovering what Jesus would have us to aid God’s people in their worship. I am excited about the possibilities in each service and simply look to the Lord for the strength, grace and wisdom to stay one step behind Him. Thanks for all each of you does to help in that.

Jesus, as we continue to endeavor to stay one step behind you in worship, please help us to know Your heart on these matters. Though there is great freedom in the tools we use to serve, help us to choose wisely with Your glory and the churches good ahead of all other considerations. We will worship while we’re waiting.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: