Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Night of Worship

Dear Worshippers,

This is exciting. I have had this concept in my mind and on my heart for some time and am excited about the opportunity to finally do it. At the same time, I am also seriously wondering how many people will turn out. It's the Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend, but easily was the best choice as we head into a full season of ministry.

As we look forward to Saturday evening, I want to ask you to do a few things:
1. Pray - This should always be our first work. Pray for me as I finalize plans. Pray for the team as we prepare to lead. Pray that folks will come out. Pray that God will show Himself to us. Pray that we will respond. Pray the recording would bless those who come AND those who can not over the course of the next few months as we “live the adventure”.

2. Come - I sincerely believe you will be blessed by the things God is placing before us. This hour will give us the chance to meditate on the season that is just before us as a church. It will give you a front row seat on the action as we sing and pray. It will also give us a chance to hear from Pastor Myron as he prepares to lead us through the next few months on the adventure Jesus has for His church which gathers at North-Mar.

3. Bring - Contact someone you know in church and invite them to join you. Maybe you want to have dinner together beforehand, or plan on coffee or ice cream afterwards. Make it a night of worship, not singing and praying, but connecting with God and others, responding corporately to the revelation of our Lord.
This night will give me a more extended opportunity to encourage our people in their worship.

Though I am not planning on an extended teaching time, the sheer focus of the night will give me the opportunity to share a little more of my heart and mind with regard to worship. I am pumped about that because I am pumped about the glory of God is our midst.

My invitation to you…please pray and come and bring Saturday night…for this special event. I am believing you will be blessed. Believe with me.

Jesus, we want to worship You with our entire lives. We also want to gather on this special night to be encouraged in this pursuit even as You reveal Your glory and enable our response. Holy Spirit help us to live the adventure of walking with Christ and so honor the Father.

In Christ,
Pastor Timothy

No comments: