Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank You, Jesus

Dear Worshippers,

If you participated in the musical this past weekend, please know that I am truly grateful to you. As I said in our prayer time just before we started Sunday night, each of us had a role to play in communicating the message of peace available in Jesus. I thank my God as I remember your part, whatever it was.

I will take some time this week to write thank you notes to at least a few people who contributed to the success of the musical. I will not be able to tell everyone just how appreciative I am of their sacrifices, let alone the sacrifices of family and friends in the midst of this season. It takes a lot of people and a lot of time to do what the Lord did through us Sunday night. Again, I thank our God for the use of each of us.

I am also finding myself thanking Jesus for what He did Sunday night, the days leading up to it, and since. As I think about different things that happened, I am amazed at the goodness of our Lord to me and us. I don't really take the time to convey the many things that I see the Lord doing as we prepare a major work like the musical. Here is a short list:

Excellent stage management assistance in Lisa Giessler, who truly feels as though her job is done best when no one notices, well done
A wonderful combination of folks for the cast, their relationships as seen on stage proved to be a powerful venue for the Lord to communicate to us
The furniture. This may seem like a little thing, but trust me it is not
Caring for details like cookies, we never have too few
The venue at the mall, the TV, and favor with the management. The latter especially was an unexpected blessing.
Our audio/visual crew, including the high-flying Pastor Tony Etris who I learned is afraid of heights, and faithful Fred, and marvelous Meria
Bringing people that we have invited. Only He can do that. Some of them were real surprises, to us at least.
The orchestra players, who came a variety of times from a variety of places through a variety of contacts that only the Lord could make.
The largest choir we have had in that loft since at least Easter. Great job! You are the foundation of this entire endeavor.
And the list goes on.

Thank you Jesus! Thank you for these and any other blessings along the way that came by Your gracious hand. We revel in all that You are, in these days, this season, and forever.

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: