Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prayer Walk

Dear Worshipers,

Last week I talked about running. I would like to slow things down this week and talk about walking. Not your regular “keep your heart rate where it is and simply move around a little bit” kind of walking but “get that heart racing as you plead with heaven for God to move things around a lot” kind of walking.

Tomorrow night we are going to be having a Prayer Walk at church. You have heard us speaking about it these last few weeks and may have felt unmoved by our presentations. I am willing to admit this because after several appeals regarding the Night(s) of Worship, only a small number of people were moved to join us for those events.

I wanted to take a few moments and implore you to come tomorrow night, or at least find some time in the next week to come to the church and pray. Why? Because I am confident you will be blessed if you do.

What do I base this confidence on? Experience AND the Word of God. Whenever I have taken time out to seek God, asking Him to show Himself in a particular situation or circumstance, He has never failed to respond to that seeking. I have found myself understanding Him better as I have searched and watched. I am confident you will have a similar experience if you decide to come and seek Him with all your heart with the others who will be present.

But my experience is only one and truly the lesser source for my confidence. The greater is the Word of God. One of the key verses that comes to mind is Jeremiah 29:13. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” As we are faithful to seek Him, He is faithful to allow Himself to be found. The marvel of this entire transaction is that he is initiator, the one who give s us the desire to seek in the first place. If you are feeling an urge to seek Him with us tomorrow, please come. You will be blessed. Take my word for it. But not my word only...

Pastor Scott Praxl about Prayer Walk

So there you have it. Come out and seek the Lord with us! Hope to see you tomorrow evening.

Jesus, we want to walk one step behind you. That will certainly involve praying. Tomorrow night is a chance to do that on the move with You and Your people. Capture our hearts and turn them to You.

In Christ,


Pastor Timothy

No comments: