Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Night(s) of Worship

Dear Worshipers,

Last year we had one because we were offering one format in our services. This year we are offering two. They will reflect the different nature of those two formats. I am excited to see how God will use this as we continue to prepare our hearts for the journey the Holy Spirit is taking us on this fall as we follow one step behind Jesus. Pursuing God’s Heart is the title of the series which will offer us a look into the life of David. I am excited about that and these Nights of Worship which will provide some of the repertoire for our singing through it.

As we look forward to these two evenings, I want to ask you to do a few things as I did last year about this time:

1. Pray - This should always be our first work. Pray for me as I finalize plans. Pray for the teams as we prepare to lead. Pray that folks will come out. Pray that God will show Himself to us. Pray that we will respond. Pray the recording would bless those who come AND those who can not over the course of the next few months as we “pursue God’s heart”.

2. Come - I sincerely believe you will be blessed by the things God is placing before us. This hour will give us the chance to meditate on the season that is just before us as a church. It will give you a front row seat on the action as we sing and pray. It will also give us a chance to hear from Pastor Myron as he prepares to lead us through the next few months along the path Jesus has for His church which gathers at North-Mar.

3. Bring - Contact someone you know in church and invite them to join you. Maybe you want to have dinner together beforehand, or plan on coffee or ice cream afterwards. Make it a night of worship, not singing and praying, but connecting with God and others, responding corporately to the revelation of our Lord.

This night will give me a more extended opportunity to encourage our people in their worship. Though I am not planning on an extended teaching time, the sheer focus of the night will give me the opportunity to share a little more of my heart and mind with regard to worship. I am pumped about that because I am pumped about the glory of God in our midst.

My invitation to you…please pray and come and bring for/on/with one or both of these nights…for these special events. I believe you will be blessed. Believe with me.

Jesus, we want to worship You with our entire lives. We also want to gather on thess special night to be encouraged in this pursuit even as You reveal Your glory and enable our response. Holy Spirit help us pursue God’s heart as we walk one step behind Jesus and so honor the Father.

In Christ,
Pastor Timothy

No comments: