Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cultivating and Awareness of Christ’s Presence

Sunday morning retuning: How great it was to celebrate what God did through a number of “serve our world” opportunities this summer!  Some of those stories were so compelling; I cannot imagine how anyone could have left unstirred.  They answered the question I now what to pose to you with regard to serving our world…”What is God saying to you?”
I am so excited.  For nearly the last year I have been praying and seeking God’s leading with regard to the songs that will be on our upcoming North-Mar worship CD, “Show Us Your Glory.”  Tomorrow and Thursday nights our two new bands will be in the sanctuary recording the tracks that will make up this project, including three that have been written for us, our very own loving…growing…serving songs.  I encourage you to come out and be a part of the experience, but even if you cannot make it, PLEASE PRAY!
What am I asking you to pray?  Simply this, “Show Us Your Glory.”  We have been praying that in a variety of ways throughout this entire year and I believe we are seeing glimpses of it, but even more so that a flood is coming.
Just so you know, the intent of this project is to cultivate a heightened sense of Christ’s presence in our lives and our Engage services.  It is really not about the music, though I am excited about that.  It is really not about our two new bands, though I am excited about them.  It is really not even about the individual songs, though I am excited about them.  It is about the glory of God being revealed in our midst.
What does that mean?  I believe Christ is always with us. [Matthew 28:19-20] I further believe that when two or three followers of Christ get together He is with them in a different way.  [Matthew 18:20]  Why else would He distinguish this from His constant presence with us?  If indeed it is different, then we should long for that presence more and more.
We are doing this project to cultivate a sense of Christ’s presence with us both when we are gathered, and when we are not.  That is the intent of this project, but that is our worship ministry.  What about you?  What are you doing in your personal life that is cultivating a sense of Christ’s presence?  If you don’t have a ready reply, I want to encourage you to engage in something soon that will serve your journey with Jesus in this way.  Next week I will unpack something I do in my personal life for that very purpose.
Jesus, use this recording process to help our worship ministry cultivate a heightened sense of Your presence.  You are always with us, but we do not always live or speak like You are present.  Forgive us and draw us and our church family closer through these labors.  In Jesus name.  Amen.


In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: