Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Making it Personal


Sunday morning retuning: Pastor Alan Kropp reminded us of how Jonah struggled, shared his own struggle with God’s redeployment, and challenged us to consider our heart with regard to going.  A great word to us from our Lord.  As you hear God whisper “Go”, be careful your living isn’t replying “No”!

The last few weeks I have been asking you to join me to pray “Show Us Your Glory”.  We have considered the context around Moses’ request of the same thing in Exodus 33.  Last week I called you to consider what Exodus 34 does not say about God’s answer.

Now I want to come at this from a different angle.

We have been asking God to do something in our midst, when we are gathered for worship, but now I want you to ask yourself a question.  Am I willing to let God do in me what I have been asking Him to do through us?  Though similar, that question is different in that it requires us to look inward more than outward.

You see, asking God to reveal His glory in our church, though dangerous, may or may not have implications on your willingness and preparedness to respond to His manifest presence. Asking God to reveal Himself in you has direct and immediate implications on you.  And just what might those be?

God must make us spiritually fit to receive all that He is longing and willing to do.  God revealing His glory will usher in LifeChange.  Am I ready for that?  Do I want more of Him or more of the same in my life? The second question seems easy to answer, but it really all hinges on the first.  Am I ready for changes in my life?  

This will require that we examine ourselves.  That we consider who we are, and who God is, and be willing to make the necessary adjustments to be more like Him.  He wants His glory to be seen in us, but are we ready for what that will require.

I am not saying we have to get ourselves together before we come to God.  Quite the contrary!  I am making clear that if we want to know His presence manifest in our midst we must be increasingly willing to engage in the process of transformation.

Am I ready for God to reveal His glory in my life? Am I ready for him to change me?   Am I ready for a taste of heaven?  Am I ready for God to move?

I think of the lines we have been singing lately from the song When You Move...

For when You move our lives are changed.  We know a taste of heaven here.  We crying out for more of You, Lord come and move.

Jesus, help me to know if I am ready for Your glory in my life, and through my life in my church.  Spirit, examine my heart and reveal to me any things I may be longing for more than You and the evidence of Your presence.  Father, I want to long for You glory more and more.  Show me Your glory.  Amen.  

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: