Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In Every Season

Sunday morning retuning: Lord of all of me, that’s what I want Him to be. How about you? Are you doing business with what the Lord said to you on Sunday through worship and the Word? I am praying you will.

Happy Summer! Today is the first day of summer and I welcome it. We already have VBS behind us and are looking forward to a couple of months of adjusted schedules, extended time with family, and simply a slightly different pace of life. But that is not the kind of season the writer is thinking about in that song from Sunday. You remember the words…

All of my life, in every season,
You are still God,
I have a reason to sing.
I have a reason to worship.

(Bridge from Desert Song, 2008 Hillsong Publishing)


That’s easy to sing on a Sunday morning standing in our sanctuary loving Jesus with hundreds of your closest friends and a bunch of people whose names you do not know…but what a bout the rest of the week?

What about when your loved one is lying on the operating table undergoing exploratory surgery with less than an ideal prognosis? All of my life…
How about on Monday morning when you get the call from your boss and they tell you they are giving your position to the person you just trained? …in every season…
When you get a text telling you that something that an opportunity for which your child has been training for months has been cancelled? …You are still God…
Right after you son greets you with these words, “The frame on my glasses just snapped” and you are not certain they are still under warranty …I have a reason to sing…
[You fill in the blank with something from your life in the last few days]…I have a reason to worship…

God is our victory and he is here. That is another line from the end of the chorus of that song. Let Him be Lord of all of you. He is already, it would be good to adjust your thinking accordingly, and then let Him be your victory. Whatever you are facing today, tomorrow, in this season, or the next, you have a reason to sing, to worship, and it is because He is still God.

Rest in Him today.

Jesus, You are Lord of all of me. I will trust You in this and every season to help me walk with You, singing all the way.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: