Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Unholy Satisfaction

Dear Worshipers,

I mentioned in our “tuning” from last week that I hoped to be able to write of Breakthrough this week. I am glad to say that I can. Our Tuesday morning Concert of Prayer was a wonderful time of being before the Lord. Our District Superintendent gave glory to God for the miraculous healing in his body, and also in his soul. It was a very powerful time as God broke through to many of the delegates, including me. As I sat there during one session of prayer when we had been encouraged to let the Holy Spirit speak, God did just that in a surprising way.

Our Director of Church Planting, Todd Sovine, had led the night before in an inspiring service about being “a Spirit-empowered church multiplication movement in which every church is strategically involved.” I wish you could have been there as we saw God’s hand at work all across our District creating partnerships and opening doors for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a stirring experience with a great personal challenge.

It the midst of one of the prayers I believe he prayed that God would give us an unholy satisfaction. I think he meant a holy dissatisfaction. I have to admit I was guilty of wrestling with those words and getting caught up there for just a minute. I thought about them after the service and then again the next morning. Little did I know what God was going to say to me through what I perceived to be a few apparently misspoken words.

As we journeyed through the Concert of Prayer, I asked the Holy Spirit to speak to me. I am confident He illumined that I have an unholy satisfaction with regard to our corporate worship. I believe He was saying to me that I have become content or satisfied with less that what He desires to do in our midst, including the greatest of His works which is to magnify Christ. I believe I have become satisfied with the work of man at least at times, instead of pursuing the work of God. I repented and asked Him to continue to speak to me about this. I would appreciate your prayers as I wrestle with this before the Lord.

I also want to encourage you to do your own wrestling. Ask the Spirit is you have any degree of unholy satisfaction. Is there any area of your life where you have become content with your relationship with or service to God and have stopped pursuing more of Him? Is there any way that you have become satisfied with anything less than all Christ has to offer to the children of God? If so repent, and ask God to speak His fullness into your life.

We will be satisfied with nothing less than the holiness of Christ, in position and practice! That is just a part of living the call together. Let’s do it!

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: