Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Grace Has Brought Me Safe Thus Far

Dear Worshipers,

This month our choir is focusing on God’s amazing grace. It has been good to be reminded just how amazing God’s grace is. I recounted to the choir how sweet it was for me to sing that great hymn of faith during communion a week ago Sunday while standing in the same place I stood some 14 ½ years ago just before being baptized three weeks after meeting Christ. He has brought me “through many dangers, toils and snares” in those years, probably the vast majority of which I remain totally unaware. And I am facing a few this week.

Sarah had a procedure yesterday which removed a few suspicious moles. We will wait for the pathology for two to three weeks. We are praying that the areas are benign, but ultimately desire the Lord’s will.

Samuel has oral surgery to remove a cyst in his mouth on Friday. I am not certain how long our wait will be for his results. We are praying that they too will indicate his area of concern is benign, but ultimately again for the Lord’s will.

As I stood to sing a few weeks ago, these things were on my mind. But also were all the things the Lord has brought me through that 14 ½ years ago I could never have imagined. His grace has been sufficient. [2 Corinthians 12:9] His grace will be sufficient.

Don’t get me wrong, there is concern in the heart of this husband/father, but also confidence. I am concerned with these situations, but not without the confidence of the grace of my God. There is uncertainty in them, but it is mingled with certainty. Though we have yet to discover what this path holds for our family, we know the One who is our Pathway to Peace and we are certain to discover once again-and probably in a more profound way than ever before-the amazing grace of our loving Lord.

It may turn out to be “nothing”, benign reports on both counts. Even then in would be something, a demonstration of Gods’ grace to us. If it turns out to be “something”, we are praying for and trusting in the grace that will lead us through it with Jesus holding us safely in His hands. He has done so thus far, and shows no signs of changing. [Hebrews 13:8]

Pastor David’s started a series on heaven this past Sunday. He challenged us with the thought that if we are walking with Jesus, do we know where we are going? Of course we do. We are headed home. Whatever He wants to take us through on the way will only work out for our good and His glory as we journey on toward our eventual, eternal home.

I am praying for you. Will you pray for me and my family? We really need it. Thank you for the love and concern already shown to us.


In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: