Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Waiting and Working

I am back from vacation. What a wonderful time I had with my family relaxing. I so needed that time to be refreshed and rejuvenated. I hope that many of you are finding a way to do that as well this summer. A busy season of ministry is just before us.

As much as I enjoyed the rest of my vacation, it was really only a foretaste of the rest that has been promised to us in Christ. I am really looking for the eternal light and divine embrace that will be ours in the mansions of the Lord, as you are as well I am sure. Let us labor on together that many more may share that longing with us.

We have labor to do here until we receive our inheritance, and I hope you are not going weary in well-doing. Plans are emerging for the fall for choir, worship team and orchestra. We will be spending some time together in the classic Oswald Chambers devotional My Utmost for His Highest. More on that later. We will also be learning a musical based on that famous work which I believe will help us better understand how we are to live the call on our own and together.

I am excited about what the Lord has in store for us as we come to a place of abandon in our relationship with Christ. That is not a word we use very often today, but an understanding and practice of it are essential for any who long to give their very best for God’s glory, their utmost for His Highest. That is exactly what we are about in our worship ministries at the Alliance and I look forward to the unity God will foster as we focus on these concepts on a daily basis.

IN CHRIST,

Pastor Scott

No comments: