Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Allied for His Purposes

I had a good discussion last night with a member of the patriotic musical who is joining us from another church. I relayed to her some of the struggles we have had over the last two years to secure a venue, and also the personnel to produce the work. As we talked, I shared how frustrating it has been at times trying to coordinate the many details of an endeavor like this, let alone the complications I have faced. All the while, I have this vision of concluding just such a work immediately before the fireworks under that Amphitheater one day.

I continue to believe that a community church project like this is God’s will, and so I will continue to pursue it to the best of my ability, which I must admit at times is sorely inadequate. The musical aspect is not the problem, just understanding how to go about vision casting, recruiting, enlisting the support of other churches, securing the venue, communicating it to the churches in Morgantown and then to the community at large, to name a few challenges. Maybe there is something in this list you feel you could help with. Maybe a thought has come to mind as to how to go about this endeavor a different way. I am open to suggestions, because I am sincerely seeking the will of God in this and believe that one or more of you may help me find it. HELP!

I mentioned last week the need of prayer. God will open the door or close it. I am seeking His face and desire to be a part of revealing all that He is to the greater Morgantown community. Will you pray with me to that end?

Almighty God,
open the door for us to boldly declare your Sovereign authority over our nation, and each of our lives.
bring the people that you want to hear this glorious message.
yield fruit in our lives and theirs as we exalt you publicly.
Thank You, Lord for hearing our prayer.

Thank you for the role you play in this ministry. Maybe God is leading you to play a larger one. There are many things to be done; this musical is but one small part of that grand labor that is our joint contribution to the completion of the Great Commission. Maybe there is some area of frustration for you as you are trying to live the fullness of Christ, or maybe God has frustrated you because you are trying to live a full life apart from Christ. Whatever the case may be, let me encourage you to find your place as we live the call together, allied to His purposes.

IN CHRIST,

Pastor Scott

No comments: