Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Seeing Clearly


Sunday morning retuning: Remember our Big Idea from Sunday?  “We believe because Jesus has opened our eyes!”  Thank You Jesus for helping me to see clearly!

And Jesus wants to do more that just reveal Himself to us.  He wants to show us His purposes and His ways as well.  I had a recent opportunity to experience this.

I had asked those of you who receive this inspiration via email to pray for me last Thursday.  I was planning on spending some extended time before the Lord to seek His plans for the transition before our worship team ministry.  I thank you for praying because not was I able to spend the time, I really was encouraged to see some things become clear to me that previously had not been.  Specifically, I was trusting the Lord to reveal a new structure involving two bands consisting of a number of people who had auditioned the two weeks prior.  And I believe He did.

I found myself sitting in a local nature preserve praying and asking for clarity of the vision God had been giving over the last couple of years.  I sat on a bench and looked out at all the trees before me.  It made me think of all the people who serve on our worship teams.  Sometimes it is hard to see the individual in the midst of what we do collectively, but the auditions helped musically speaking, and now I needed God to show me how to assign the right people to these two new bands.  I needed to see the trees that made up the forest and appreciate the unique contribution each makes.  What I needed was essentially the opposite of the old saying “see the forest for the trees” or trying to make out a pattern in a mass of details.

I needed to “see the trees in the forest”.  In the midst of the broad picture, I needed to discern the details, the role each person could or should make.  I believe I was able to do that.  I sat with all the evaluations from the auditions and four years of getting to know our church and these people, and a clear mental picture of how these teams might be constructed, right down to primary and alternate members of each, began to emerge.  What I had thought, prayed and dreamed about for a long time, slowly began to take a definite shape before my very eyes.  Almost as though someone else’s hand was drawing it.  You think?

I look forward to explaining that picture this weekend to as many who can make a quick meeting on Sunday between the two Engage services.  Pray as we continue to transition to a new day in our worship, as a ministry and a church, all the while with our overarching prayer being “Show Us Your Glory!”

Jesus, thank You for helping us to see clearly!  Not only the glory of the Father in the hour we first believed, but the marvel of His plans as we continue to walk along one step behind You.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: