Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Is There Peace in the World Tonight?

Sunday morning retuning: Are you continuing to desire more about Jesus? Are you walking one step behind Him? Are you longing and praying for revival and awakening?

Dear Worshipers,

When I read the title of our upcoming Christmas project, I think of the average person driving by the church on their way down East Market Street. I wonder how many of them know any kind of peace at all. If they where to hear our bold statement, “There is Peace in the world tonight”, how do you imagine they would respond?

Invitation have begun going out. The last people are being recruited to be a part of this labor. Excitement begins to grow. The work continues in choir, orchestra, drama, tech and so on. So what is missing in this list? Prayer.

We must pray. I believe that when we pray it changes things. It softens hearts to receive the invitation to come. It clears calendars of distractions. It helps people to get a good night of rest the night before, and cars to start that morning. It draws those who the Lord has given ears to hear the message of peace. Do you believe it?

I want to ask you to join me in praying. Feel free to pray as the Spirit leads you, but I want to challenge you to join me in praying the prayer I have provided below. I think we are 33 days until this culminates on December 12. Would you commit to praying everyday with me that the Lord will take this labor and use it to bring peace, to bring Jesus the Prince of Peace, into the lives of many who attend that morning? It may very well be the first time they have been introduced to Him that morning.

Jesus, You are the Prince of Peace. Because You have come into this world, there is peace. Peace is not the absence of conflict. Peace is the Presence of God. Will you use this project on Dec. 12 to usher Your Presence, Your Peace into the lives of those who attend? Hear us from heaven. Touch our generation. We are crying out on behalf of those who are longing for peace. Please make Yourself known in the sanctuary that morning and open hearts to receive Your peace. Draw them to this place, and draw them to Yourself. We are trusting You to do what only You can do.

If you are willing to pray with me, drop me a line and let me know. I will then be praying for you by name that God will help you to be faithful to pray for these next 33 days as we trust God together to do what only He can do!

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: