Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beginning, Again

Sunday morning retuning: I wonder what learning opportunities the Lord has brought into your life this week. I know I have been given a few great teachable moments. They are not always easy to receive. Stay filled with the Spirit and teachable.

Dear Worshipers,

Starting, Over. The last, the first. The close of one chapter marks the beginning of another.

We just experienced the last Sunday of the year. The Church Year that is. As Advent begins this week, so does the new Church Year. With the close of the Church Year, I wonder what things have recently come to a close for you. Maybe a relationship, or some other commitment. Maybe you have finished up some training or classes of some sort. Maybe you are looking forward to the close of another semester or starting something else fresh in the days ahead.

I am thankful to the Lord for the cycle of the year. We come around again to the Advent season. Advent means appearing. Implies something new, or at least seeing something which you did not notice before. I wonder for you how the Lord is going to appear to us this Advent season. Where will Jesus show up that you maybe do not expect Him?

I want to encourage you to keep your eyes open. You may be putting up the same decorations you have used for years. Have you lost the wonder that the tinsel and lights first brought to you? As you begin to celebrate the season, do so with wide-eyed wonder, Ready to spot Jesus at every turn in the road. He is already there. You know this. Begin to really look for Him, again.

I believe Jesus wants to show us some things about Himself in this season that will knock our socks off, but we need to do the preparation to receive it. Quiet yourself now before all the hustle and bustle really begins and commit to let this new season bring something new in you.

Jesus, open my eyes to see you. I believe You want to teach me some things, and I confess I want to learn them. Help me so I can.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: