Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The Sacrifice of One

Dear Worshipers,

What a stirring service on Sunday. The testimony from Ken was God-honoring. When a few people came to the altar during the second service as many were kneeling in their pews I was overwhelmed. Pastor Myron brought the Word to us and provided a powerful reminder: God is in control and He loves us. I am so thankful for those two things.

Then, just when everyone thought we were finished, we experienced one more powerful moment. We spent a few moments considering the sacrifice of a serviceman through the eyes of his daughter. The Sacrifice of One. This proved to be a stirring reminder of the sacrifice of many. We left with grateful hearts.

I hope you each enjoyed your celebrations of Memorial Day. Now we have moved back into another week of worshipping, working and walking. Do you still find yourself stirred by the sacrifice of the One who died for you? Are you overwhelmed by the reality that he loves you? Is it humbling to think that He is on control of everything and is working it all out for your good, that is if you love Him?

I hope you are. He is so good to us. And He is at work in our midst. If you were here Sunday I trust you are confident of that. If you were not, be here this weekend as we gather around the table and consider the last of the Core Values of the Alliance: “Achieving God’s purposes involves taking faith-filled risks; this always involves change. Hebrews 11:6” What changes does God have in store for us, for you? Let’s embrace them with a heart of wonder.

Jesus, have Your way in me. I offer up my life to You. I love You.

In Christ,
Pastor Timothy

No comments: