Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Celebration of Creativity

Dear Worshipers,

Warning: I want to hear from you on this one. I need your prayerful feedback.

Julia’s song Sunday was wonderful, wasn’t it? And she is going to be a graphic designer. Meet another one who just graduated from college recently and may be joining choir in the fall. Did I hear one of those graduating seniors say they were majoring in dance? We have a small cast of actors from our youth who are serving excellently this week at VBS.

You have already enjoyed some to the labors of Joseph McBride our resident set designer/fabricator, and I learned a few weeks ago that he sings too. I recently met another person who has a background in drama and music who has toured in that capacity. God has blessed us with an amazing amount of creativity in our congregation and continues to do so. I have been prompted lately in several ways to celebrate that creativity, and I want some feedback from you.

For years I have wanted to find ways to encourage the artisans in our midst to use their talent for their Maker’s glory. I have heard of churches doing art exhibits, and poetry readings for example, and am praying about the right venue for our body’s artists. An idea is emerging to do an event where some might sing, others might read, while still others would display their handiwork, even including other items like jewelry or otherwise.

So what do you think? An evening in the fellowship Hall and otherwise where God is glorified as art is displayed, drama is portrayed, music is made, words are say-ed [pardon me, but you get the idea. We could possibly have the Holy Grounds Café open and maybe even offer some other treats. This is just taking shape for me and I want you feedback. Let me know what you think, and let’s see how God will encourage us to encourage our artisans.

Jesus, you created us. Show us how to use all our creativity for Your praise.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: