Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Reflect

Reflect
Sunday morning retuning:  Pastor Myron Daum continued to walk us through Luke, every trying to encourage us to stay one step behind Jesus.  He told us to reflect on our resurrection.  Have you done that at all since Sunday.  How will you reflect on this life-altering reality ? If you are not sure, maybe you can find some inspiration it here or below.
I’m curious.  When you think of reflecting, what is your default setting?  
Do you immediately look inward, or outward?
Do you look down or up?
Neither is inherently flawed, though there probably is a better choice.  It is important to see ourselves clearly, but we can easily get caught up staring at our belly buttons.  The first Scripture that comes to mind for me is, Psalm 121:1-2, “I lift up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth”.  No surprise coming from this mountain boy who has walked my share of valleys.
Here is my challenge today.  You could take four more minutes to read my thoughts as you might normally do, or you could spend them reflecting on your resurrection.  Get some Scripture before your eyes and do the latter.  The link at the top takes you to sermon notes that can guide you, or you could read I Corinthians 15, the most developed place in Scripture regarding Christ’s resurrection and the implications on those who follow Him.  
Take some time to reflect on that today.  Please.
Jesus, open my heart to the power of Your resurrection again today.  It is the foundation of my hope. In Jesus name.  Amen.
In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: