Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Pursuing God’s Heart

Dear Worshipers,

Fall is upon us. And with it comes a plethora of new things. School, football, colorful trees, cooler weather, and a new sermon series, to name just a few. This is a series that I am particularly excited about for a myriad of reasons.

I like the title. Isn’t that really what life is all about? Pursuing God’s heart. If we are walking one step behind Jesus then that is indeed the journey we are taking, a journey toward God’s heart.

I like the graphic that we will be using to promote the series, and a whole host of other similar graphics that capture the heart of one pursuing God’s heart. You can see the primary image at the beginning and end of this video. I tend to be demonstrative in my worship so that probably comes as no surprise. I am sure that is part of why…

I like David. He is a fascinating character to put it mildly. He can teach us a thing or two about how to approach God. Looking into his life over these next few months is going to be an enriching experience for us all. Especially because it is going to encourage us to go after God’s heart.

How do I know that? Because he is the one the Lord describes as “a man after his own heart”. WOW! I would like for others to describe me like that. But I would really like it if the Lord could describe me like that. You see, I might be able to fool some people, but I can not fool God.

I want to encourage you to be praying for Pastor Myron and me as we prepare for this Sunday and the Sundays to follow. We desire for our Sunday morning gatherings to be a place where people can meet with God and be transformed. We pray that for ourselves. We pray it for you. We pray it for those who have not yet come, but will.

Join us, won’t you? For a series designed to help us all in…Pursuing God’s Heart!

Jesus, we want to pursue the Father’s heart. We want to be ever going after it. Strengthen our resolve to follow You into the grandest pursuit on earth. Help us walk on step behind You.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: