Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Any Questions?


Sunday morning retuning:  We have given the Kingdom Assignment to Growth Groups this year!  Be praying for them that they may advance God’s kingdom through their assignment!!

A couple weeks ago I began to explain the transition that our worship team ministry will be going through this summer as we go from a full-fledged rotational basis to two set teams with subs filling in as needed.  I have had some good feedback from a few of you, some questions and a little fear.  Let me put the latter to rest by explaining myself a little more.

I mentioned “open auditions”.  It is my intent for everyone interested in serving on our teams to “audition”, this includes current members.  This will give me an opportunity to assess ability and recruit the teams based on this assessment.  My intent at this point is to put a CD together with two new songs so it is a level playing field and have everyone play some portions of this two songs in a quick 10-12 minute slot for which people will sign up.  This is consistent with my desire to welcome new players onto our teams.  Once invited to serve on a team, another audition will be unlikely, unless playing ability merits it.  At that point, only prospective members would need to audition.

Of course, not everyone who auditions will make one of the two teams.  Those who are capable of serving, based on the audition assessment, who do not make a team would be asked to become part of a group of people who would be called on by team members to fill in for them on weeks they are unavailable.  Even though team members will be expected to play their two weeks on as often as possible, things happen that will make this difficult or even impossible at times.  This pool of substitutes are no less important than team members to the ministry, and as such will have access to the website so they can continue to prepare and maybe have opportunity to join a team in the next cycle.

I am not certain as the length of commitment long-term, though I will be asking for an initial commitment through the end of 2013.  At that point, I intend on evaluating teams and giving people opportunity to recommit or not, occasionally asking people to step away to make room for developing other players.  I am hoping these on/off ramps will give people the flexibility to be involved as their life/family schedule permits.  I have spoken with a couple of larger church that use a 6-month cycle, so that is what I have in mind tentatively, though I want to remain flexible to the right length for our setting.

I hope that clarifies a bit more of the details of how this may work.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask or share them.  I value your input and the contribution each of you makes to what we doing together as we serve Christ and His church here at North-Mar.

Jesus, as we find our way through the details of a new way to do worship ministry, help us hear You clearly, and walk in faith and confidence that You are leading us.  

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: