Tuesday, July 06, 2010

What is God Up to…in our Worship Pastor?

Dear Worshipers,

So last week I shared a story of what God is up to in one of our fellow worship leaders, and encouraged you to consider what He is up to in Your life. I told you we need to be diligent to give Him glory for the way He changes us. It occurred to me as I was thinking and praying about this weeks tuning that I should practice what I was preaching…so here are a few examples of how God is at work in me. Please note that these may not seem at all like major spiritual shifts, but the whole of them indicates to me that God is birthing a newness in me, for which I am incredibly grateful.

Guitar – Several months back I asked if anyone had a guitar I could borrow so that I could begin to learn how to play. I have wanted to learn for some time, but sensed that the time was right. I borrowed one guitar for a while and slowly started picking at it, while I waited for an instructional DVD to come. Then someone gave me a guitar, the week my curriculum arrived. I have really sunk my teeth into this and am excited to see my skill increasing each day.

Creativity – About the time that I really got serious with daily practice time on my guitar, I started taking an online course on the Essentials of Worship Leading, aware that I still have much to learn about this mysterious enterprise. As I got into the course, many things were affirmed and a number things were learned. This, coupled with the intent to create a forum to showcase the talent God has given us for His glory, has unleashed a new wave of creativity in me. This is timely because I have a creative project for the course which for me involves writing a song. I am working on a song the Lord is giving me and would appreciate your prayers that I would receive it clearly. I pray it will be something we can use at NMC.

Gym – As He began stimulating my hands, heart, mind and soul, He was stirring me to do something about my strength as well. Sarah has been a great inspiration to me on this one as I have started working out regularly. I knew it would have a tremendous impact on my energy level and just generally how I feel, but it has impacted my thought processes helping me be more effective and efficient in using my time, as well as my countenance.

God is at work in me in a number of other ways as well, but I hope these three give you some insight into the fact that I am trying to follow one step behind Jesus as He leads me in new directions, just as you are. Put on your sandals and prepare to be transformed.

Jesus, we want to be more like You. Change us in every way, one day at a time, so we can reflect You more accurately to the world around us. We are following You Lord.

In Christ,
Pastor Timothy

No comments: