Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Redefining Faithful

Sunday morning retuning:  Pastor Myron gave us a great overview of the challenging part of Jesus teaching in the 21 Sunday. We need to be living diligent and vigilant logs as we await the return of our King.  Can you comfortably pray “build your kingdom here, in me”?  If you are not sure, maybe you can find some inspiration here.
Here is a faithful group of people. Volume three of our engage band just finished their final Sunday service in this rotation. I am so honored to have served with each of themAnd to have witnessed their growth and development over the six months.  Thank you for your faithfulness my friends.
For much of my ministry career the parable of the talents (Luke 19:11-27), or a story about three servants,  has been one of my favorites. I've often used it to encourage people to develop their ability and offer the best they have to the Lord. I see tremendous parallels in it with what we're called to do as we serve through music to help the church worship our God.
I've also endeavored to live out that challenge by constantly endeavoring to grow and develop my own abilities. Recently I have done so through Internet course from a good friend of mine Jon Nichols. Jon is a worship pastor at a sister alliance Church in Mansfield Ohio, but he also has an Internet-based worship leader training resource at www.worshipteamcoach.com.
Image result for www.worshipteamcoach
I have learned many things from Jon over the past few months going through the course, but one of the greatest treasures was on covering the first perspective from this parable that I thought I knew fairly well.  Though Jon makes a number of really good points in his blog, I really zeroed in on the idea of faithfulness requiring risk-taking.
It's not just enough to hold on to the resources the master has given you. You must develop them, and then invest them in opportunities which can grow them. Of course investing always requires some degree of risk.
Over the years, I have often found myself at the close of services thinking team members for their faithfulness. My thinking was primarily limited to the fact that they had shown up and served.Though there is something tremendously beneficial in such an act, this idea of encouraging service laced with risk is at least a slightly new concept to me.  I think I have taught it and lived it out in some measure, but John's thoughts encouraged me to teach it as well.
So this Sunday we come to our fourth set of auditions in our new band model with a six-month commitment of two week rotations.There are some new servants who will audition to become a part of our bands and this ministry we share. That is exciting! But equally as exciting to me is seeing our current band members demonstrate risk laced faithfulness.  
How will you model this in your life over these next six months?
[Jon has a lot of resources available online, but if you are interested in growing beyond what those resources might produce in you, let me know and I will get you connected to the resources I've been using.]
Jesus, teach me how to be faithful. I want to be willing to take risks that will allow me to produce what You desire in and through me.  In Jesus name.  Amen.

In Christ,

Pastor Timothy

No comments: