Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A New Thing

Dear Worshippers,

God is doing a new thing at North-Mar. If you were with us Sunday morning, I think you had a sense of that. So there is no misunderstanding, please know that this new thing is not about me, for it began before I arrived. There is feeling of anticipation among the people that we are entering a new season.

As I have reflected and prayed on this recently, there is a passage of Scripture God keeps bringing to mind. In the first 21 verses of Isaiah 43 God is describing Himself as Israel’s Redeemer as it will unfold through the comfort He will usher in as He restores them. I see some incredible parallels that I think are instructive for us in this season.

It opens with words of comfort for a people who have come through a difficult refining experience. It communicates again God’s purpose in that refining and redeeming. It reaffirms their call to know and declare the glory of God. It recounts His previous activity, and then swings into a powerful word of newness. Though I encourage you to read this whole passage sometime today or this week, here are the verses I read as we began this journey together Sunday morning.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it? …
21 This people I have formed for Myself;
They shall declare My praise.

Thank you for the joy of serving you in this season. Let us pray together for that new thing to unfold in our midst and for each of us to embrace it. If you have not read Pastor Myron’s annual report I want to encourage you to do that. I had not seen it as I made my transition but obviously the Lord is giving us His mind. I am excited. I hope you are too.

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: