Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank You

Dear Worshippers,

It is with tears in my eyes that I write this. I am so thankful to the Lord for the ministry we have shared these nearly six years together. Saying farewell to some of you has been a very difficult experience and that is because the Lord has knit our lives together.

When I first began to consider what leaving Morgantown to answer God’s call would mean to me the analogy that came to mind was that of tearing cloth. I can hear that sound in my mind. Thank you for making yourself available for that knitting process.

Some of you have served in our choir. We have enjoyed many times of singing praise. We have laughed together and cried together. We have prayed for each other. God has enriched my life through many of you and for that I am grateful to both Him and you.

Some of you have been involved with our orchestra. We have supported the choir and congregation through the playing of instruments. We too have laughed. It has been a joy to serve the King with you, His instrumentalists. Thank you for your service, and the tapestries of sound He has woven through you.

Other have been involved in the worship team ministry. Your faithful service has been a blessing to me. As we have labored to lead the congregation in worship, each has brought their own unique set of talents and we have endeavored to meld it together for the glory of our Lord and the good of His people. Thank you for the privilege of leading you in this. It has been a blessing.

Others have assisted in the audio/visual area, the children’s music ministry and prayer teams. Some have served in roles that have never been acknowledged, for they were ordained by God and not by man. Still others have quietly supported and worshipped and praised. Your support has been more appreciated than you will ever know until we get to glory and I finally have the words to express it to you.

One of the lessons the Lord is teaching me is to make myself even more available to the knitting process. There are some of you whom I do not know as well as I would like to. Others of you have expressed the same to me. I intend to seek the Lord in my new place for His direction on which lives He desires to closely weave with mine. Please do the same.

It has been a delight to partner with you. You are in my heart. May God bless you in this season of transition. Grace and peace to you my friends in Christ Jesus.

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: