Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME?!?

Dear Worshipers,

Last week I celebrated my 14th birthday. Now before any of you start trying to do the math, or begin wondering if ministry has finally taken it’s toll and I have lost my mind, let me clarify. I was born again on March 29, 1992, so for the last fourteen years I have had the pleasure of being truly alive in Christ.

Now I should actually clarify a little further. Though I said celebrated I actually failed to do that. Early in the week it crossed my mind, but on the day I was so busy it slipped by without proper recognition. I was not expecting a party or any other recognition by anyone else. I am referring to the recognition in the form of thankfulness to Jesus for calling me from darkness into His marvelous light. I was so sad when Sarah mentioned it the next day. I took a little time last Thursday to thank Jesus, recognizing my new life in Him once again.

While I was thinking of that, the thought crossed my mind to ask you, “When was the last time you celebrated the life you have in Christ?” Maybe you do not know or remember the date when the precious grace of God first appeared to you or the hour that you first believed, but you can make a point of thanking Him just the same. Let that exercise of thankfulness pour out from you into the life of another.

There are many people that you know who have not yet trusted Christ as their Savior. Many who have never been born again. Never having turned from their life of sin to surrender entirely to Jesus Christ. Won’t you give them an opportunity to experience the life of Jesus Christ this Easter season? You do not necessarily have to share the gospel with them, although you are allowed, but simply invite them to our Easter Sunday service and let them hear it for themselves as presented in word and song that morning.

What a delight it would be to the heart of God to oversee multiple deliveries right in our sanctuary on Easter Sunday morning! What a delight it would be for you to witness that miracle! What a delight to our church family to be expanded into another soul!

Let’s invite some folks to church this Easter Sunday. You never know, April 16, 2007 there could be a number of them celebrating there first birthday. How exciting!

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: