Tuesday, March 07, 2006

InterCessors

Dear Worshipers,

I sent out the first communication to the InterCessors last week. I have been saying for some time that I was going to ask some of you for a prayer commitment and I did indeed ask in early February. A few of you responded and received this letter below last week.

There are probably many different reasons why others of you did not respond. Not everyone should say yes to this ministry of prayer It is a significant commitment. I want those who say yes to take it seriously. But in the event that you just needed more information or prodding, I have included my letter to this group below.

God has already begun to answer the prayers of the Inner Circle [see below for description]. Maybe you want to be a part of something that is experiencing the moving of God. Consider the following and let me know if I should add you to the list. May God lead us each into the processes that will conform us to the image of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Dear InterCessors,

Thank you for answering the call to prayer. For a long time the leadership of the Alliance have said that prayer must be our first work. This ministry, a broad group of people praying collectively for the worship life of our church, will ensure that we keep the main thing the main thing. I believe we can move mountains. I believe Jesus gave us great authority that we too often fail to exercise. Thank you for being willing to “get in shape”, or rather to assist the worship life of our church to do so, through your prayers.

First let me tell you that I have a group of six men that I have recruited to gather around me in prayer. I am calling them the Inner Circle. The commitment I have asked them to keep is this. To spend 2006 doing this.

Praying everyday through a monthly prayer card (3-5 minutes)
Waiting on the Lord following this to hear His voice (1-2 minutes)
Praying once a week, on your assigned day, for an extended period, to include weekly updates (15 minutes)
Praying once a week with a partner in person or on the phone (5 minutes) [7 men plus me equals 4 teams of 2]
A quarterly “prayer encounter” lasting about 45 minutes

We are developing phase four in the month of March, having started in earnest in January.

This is the commitment I would like to ask you to make. I am calling the InterCessors to spend 2006 as follows.

Praying everyday through a monthly prayer card (3-5 minutes)
Waiting on the Lord following this to hear His voice (1-2 minutes)
Praying on Sunday morning for the worship experience of the church gathered.
Praying the rest of the week for the worship experience of the work dispersed.
Eventually I would like to add a fifth phase, possibly in the fall once the team is a little larger
Praying once a month during the service with other members of the team for God to reveal Himself and His people to respond.

Below you will find the set or requests for March. Let us begin together and allow the Lord to lead us as we go. I expect He will say things to you as you wait that will need to be shared with me. Do not hesitate. I believe the Lord will say things to me through you. Bless me and the Lord by sharing them.

March:
For the Spirit of wisdom and revelation that we may know God better as a church [Ephesians 1:17]
For our responses in the Sunday AM service to reflect the majesty and glory of God’s name [Psalm 8:1]
For our responses the rest of the week to bring other to a place of worship [Matthew 5:16]
For the details of the Easter services to begin to come together.
For the close of Pastor David’s series “To Be Like Jesus” to have that effect on each of us

Thank you for your willingness to serve. I welcome your comments.

Thank you for considering this ministry opportunity.

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: