Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Call Resonates Within Me

Dear Musicians of the Master,

Living the Call Together. That is the theme of this week at church. It is the theme of our annual Missions Conference. It the new brand or theme of The Alliance.

It resonates with me. First of all that is because it requires us to think of our entire lives. We must evaluate if we are living for the Lord and His call alone, or if other things are vying for our allegiance, and our resources. We must closely examine where we are with regard to allowing our relationship with Christ to be reflected in every aspect of our living. Our Christianity can not be a Sunday thing. If it is, it is not true Christianity. Christianity is a way of life. We must live it.

It resonates with me because it is the Lord who is calling. Jesus said, “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” John 20:21 Sending me. No. He was referring to the spiritual giants of the faith. He was speaking to those people who have their lives in order. He did not mean for me to be sent. If you think that way, think again. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we have been called. Called to live our lives for His glory. Called to go, and as we are going, to teach all nations. Obviously, we can not each teach all the nations, so…

We do this thing TOGETHER. That really resonates with me. I can not do this alone. Even though I know the Lord is with me, and am committed to labor until I die or He returns to take me home, I take great encouragement from this. Why? Because I know that even though this task it to great for me to accomplish by myself, if I live the call alongside all the disciples of Jesus from the past, present and future, we will, by His Spirit’s enabling, finish it.

I hope that resonates with you. As a musician, this is a term you are probably familiar with. To resonate is to cause to resound. When something is resonate it carries well, and communicates clearly. In speaking of acoustics, it would be the intensification and prolongation of sound, especially of a musical tone, produced by sympathetic vibration. I hope that as you consider this new slogan, that the Spirit causes something in your soul to resonate, or that it evokes a feeling of shared emotion or belief. I believe we share the beliefs I have outlines above. The only problem is that we must live them.

Let us labor to live the call together.

In Christ,

Pastor Scott

No comments: